Dog Bites and Animal Attacks
Not all animal attack injuries are the result of a dog bite. Animal attack injuries can be the result of both domestic and wild animals. Indiana laws are different with regard to each. Call our Personal Injury Team today and we will guide you through what you need to know.
Dog Bite or Another Animal Attack?
Garrison Law Firm is here to help you. When people hear “animal attack,” they may immediately think specifically about dogs; however, other animals can and are the subject of animal attacks in Indiana. Laws in Indiana are different with regard to wild animals versus domestic animals. This is why it is important to call Garrison Law Firm immediately if you are injured by any type of animal!
Dog bite-related fatalities are actually incredibly rare when compared to other fatalities. According to the National Canine Research Council (NCRC), there
Although the number of dog bite-related fatalities
Certain dog breeds receive more attention than others when it comes to media attention. The truth is that relatively any dog is capable of biting and/or killing a human being. Responsible pet ownership is key to the prevention of dog bite-related injuries and deaths. Familiarizing yourself with dog behavior, habits, and signs of aggression may very well prevent a future dog attack as well.
For further interesting articles and statistics on animal attacks, check out the following links:
- Indiana Code § 15-20-1-3 Dog Bite Liability
- The Indiana State Board of Animal Health (BOAH): Animal Bites of Humans
- National Canine Research Council (NCRC) Website
- Dog Bite Prevention Week Fact Sheet: Companionship is the best prevention
- Dog Bites: Problems and Solutions
- Breed-Specific Legislation is myth-based and ineffective according to the American Veterinarian Society of Animal Behavior (AVSAB)
- Are you happy? Disgusted? Your dog can tell the difference